WHAT you say is 5%, HOW you say it is 95%

Posted July 10th, 2014 by deborah.ross with No Comments

We get calls. We get a lot of calls from busy professionals or those just starting out, who hesitatingly contact us. They hesitate because they aren’t sure there is help for their concern. After all they don’t need a Speech THERAPIST. That’s for kids.

Or do they?  Come on, they don’t have a DISORDER. That’s for people in the hospital.

Or is it? The calls come from professionals of all ages who have a CONCERN. Sometimes they’ve had this concern for years. At times, they think it’s held them back from professional (career) opportunities and advancement. Other times they weren’t too aware how they sounded until someone made a comment–usually on the job.

“You speak too fast” (fidgets during your presentation),  “I can’t understand you” (looks at watch), “Say that again?” (answers with a response that tells you they weren’t listening), “What?” (doesn’t return your call).

Do these interactions ring true for you?

Communication is all about FLOW. When the FLOW is disrupted, everyone loses focus. San Diego Speech Therapy offers professional speech development, accent or voice improvement for professionals wanting to improve that FLOW. Whether you have a concern or a problem, we can help. Whether you have speech, voice, “how you come across”, or accent concerns; we can help you investigate them all. You can have new found respect by those YOU respect. Click here for more information and to contact us today!

RNC and DNC Highlight the Power of Great Speaking Skills

Posted September 27th, 2012 by deborah.ross with No Comments

With both the Republican National Convention and Democratic National Convention providing a stage for some of our country’s best speakers, the conventions emphasized the importance of great speaking skills.

From Mitt Romney to President Obama, presenters at both the RNC and the DNC showed the value of professional speech development through their clear, confident and poised speaking skills.

Though they make it seem easy, don’t let them fool you. These presenters have spent time and hard work honing their speaking skills through hours of practice and professional speech development.

Professional Speech Development Helps Make Simple Messages Powerful

As President Obama wrapped up his address, his words were simple but delivered in a powerful way, “On every issue, the choice you face won’t be just between two candidates or two parties, It will be a choice between two different paths for America.”

In the same way, Mitt Romney used simple content that was delivered with a polished professionalism, “If I am elected President of these United States, I will work with all my energy and soul to restore that America, to lift our eyes to a better future.”

No matter who you’ll be voting for in November, both speeches accent the importance of professional speech development and the impact it can have on delivering your message.

WHAT you say is 5% of your message, HOW you say it is the other 95%.

We’ve helped countless professionals work on their speaking skills. Our clients consistently remind us that WHAT you say is 5% of your message, but HOW you say it is the other 95%. Our clients learn that HOW they say WHAT they say is the KEY to the audience hearing their intended message.

Professional speech development can:
– reduce frustration for you and your listeners by improving speech clarity
– advance professional image
– improve self-confidence
– reduce grammatical and articulation “errors”
– provide a better ability to be understood on the phone and during presentations
– improve your speaking voice (less nasal, better projection, more “powerful” and authoritative)

If you’re interested in improving your public speaking skills, contact us today. We are here to help you acheive your goals.

  • Mobile Therapy – We Come To You!

    1:1 Care Environment
    Your Home, Office or School
    Increase Outcomes
    No Waitlist, No Traffic or Parking Hassles

    Your Expert Partner for Swallowing Disorders, Tongue Thrust, and Speech Therapy
    Call Today!
  • Categories

  • Recent Posts